Hi guys! In this project I'm going to show you how to make this cute mini notebooks that you can use them as key rings or as simple pocked sized notebooks :D They are very easy to do! Hope you'll love them ( please leave your thoughts in the comments section ) !
Also, if you enjoy my projects please follow my profile here on instructable and subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/giuliasart
Step 1: Video Tutorial (for a Better Understanding of the Project)
For some people it's easier to watch a video than following step by step photos.
So if you are one of them I hope that this video will help you !
Step 2: Gather Your Tools and Supplies
Step 3: Preparing the Pieces for the Cover
Choose your desired model of decorative paper and cut a rectangle from it ( 4" X 5" 1/4 ).
Then take some unused cardboard ( I used the back side cover of a decorative paper pack ) and cut 2 rectangles ( 3" X 2" ) and another one ( 3" X 1/4 )
Step 4: Preparing the Pieces for the Inside of the Notebook
Using some solid colored paper cut 20 - 25 rectangles ( 2" 3/4 X 2" ) and another rectangle ( 4" 1/4 X 2" 3/4 )
Step 5: Making the Cover
- Using PVA glue stick the cardboard rectangles on the design paper rectangle leaving an eight of an inch between them.
- Cut the corners of the design paper.
- Fold and stick the sides.
- Stick the colored rectangle ( 4" 1/4 X 2" 3/4 ) on top of it.
- With a bone folder score between the cardboard rectangles.
- Fold it along the lines.
Step 6: Making the Pages
- Align all the pages and hold them together using a paper clip.
- On one of the long sides apply a generous layer of PVA glue.
- Let it dry for about 5 minutes until the glue become transparent.
Step 7: Assembling the Notebook
- While the pages are drying, create a small ribbon loop and stick it on the inside of the cover.
- Now, stick the pages.
Step 8: Decorating It!
- Using some adhesive tape stick a strip of ribbon on the bottom of the notebook.
- Now, add a decorative button.
- Lastly, add some nice paper butterflies.
Step 9: That's It!
Step 10: More Project Videos!
Perhaps you'll like some of my other crafts.
Check them out at: http://giuliasart.com