Soap boxes are available everywhere and is a part of our day to day life. What do we normally do with these soap boxes. We usually throw them away thinking it is a garbage. However, many of us do not know that these small boxes can be used for making beautiful recycled crafts.
We bring here one such idea where a soap box can be used to make a creative hand purse. It is easy to make and looks really cute. So, let’s start.
Step 1: Things Needed for Making Paper Purse
- Soap box
- Craft glue
- Color paper
- Paint brush
- Packing tape
Step 2: Let's Draw the Markings!
- Take a soap box and draw the markings as shown.
- Now cut along the markings.
- Stick the cut portions as shown and cut the corner portions of the flap.
- Mark 4cm portion on the flap and join the lines.
- Run the cutter on these markings which makes it easy to fold the along the marked portions.
- Cut one corner of the flap to give it a curved shape.
Step 3: Let's Paste the Sides!
- Now paste the sides using craft glue.
- Seal the edges of the soap box using packing tapes.
- Cut out two small areas from the soap box which can be later used to insert the handle into it.
Step 4: Let's Cover the Box With Paper!
- Take a pink color paper and cut out the same dimensions as that of the flap.
- The remaining region cover it completely using printed papers.
- For this purpose, we need to cut out paper of different shapes and sizes as that of the box.
- With the help of the craft glue and a paint brush spread the glue on the surface of the box.
- Now start pasting the color papers on the box.
Step 5: Let's Make Handle!
- It is now time to make the handle for this hand purse.
- For this, cut out handle shape papers as shown.
- We need both the pink color and the printed sheets for the same.
- Paste the printed handle shapes on the pink sheet.
- Now insert the handle in the gaps created on the box.
- Fold the handle at the bottom and apply glue to stick the same to the box.
Step 6: Let's Decorate the Purse!
- We need to close the hand purse as well.
- For this purpose, stick a paper strip at the bottom of the flap.
- Now cut a Velcro and stick it to close the box.
- As a final decoration, stick a large pearl on the closing end of the purse.
Your beautiful hand purse is now ready!!
Step 7: Conclusion
This hand purse or decorative box can be used for multiple things. You can place few chocolates in it and gift it to your near and dear ones as a gift. Also, it can be used as a décor item. The purse is really cute and looks amazing. Try our recycled crafts today and share your feedback.