Introduction: Make a DIY Plastic Organizer From a Plastic Sauce Bottle
Is your desk all in a mess? Looking for a proper organizer for keeping your belongings at the right and one place? Did you know, you can make out the best organizer on your own using a plastic sauce bottle?
Surprised! Let’s learn how to make this plastic organizer.
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things You Need
- 1 plastic sauce bottle
- 2 different color ropes
- Rubber band, metal wire,and bead
- Marker and cutter
Step 2: Let's Take Plastic Sauce Bottle & Cut It!
For making this adorable DIY organizer, follow the steps below.
- Take a plastic sauce bottle. Mark a straight line on the front side of the bottle and a slant line upwards on the sides to make an opening of the organizer. Cut off the marked portion using a cutter.
- Remove the outer stickers from the bottle completely. Open the organizer and press the joint portion of the bottle properly to give a firm opening.
Step 3: Let's Cover the Bottle Using Rope!
- Now take some decorative ropes of two different colors.
- Stick some glue on the base of the bottle and start wrapping it with one of the ropes.
- Keep applying glue on a small portion and stick the rope to cover the bottle.
- Again, apply some glue on the bottle and stick the other color rope on it.
- In this way, cover the bottle forming layers of both the color ropes giving the bottle a strip-likea look.
- While covering the entire bottle, make sure you can open the organizer smoothly. Also, cover the top of the bottle using the rope properly.
Step 4: Let's Fix the Metal Wire!
- Now take a metal wire, bead,and a rubber band. Using scissors, make a hole on the top side of the opening.
- Using a pointer, insert the rubber inside the whole keeping the bead in the inner side for making an opening button out of it.
- Again, make another hole on the lower side of the organizer.
- Take the metal wire and insert the bead in it. Now insert the wire inside the hole and fix the two ends inside making a knot to firm the bead on it.
- Check if the rubber and bead can be used as a button to open the organizer.
Step 5: Conclusion
Your DIY organizer is ready to use. You can add extra decoration to the organizer according to your choice with some beads, mirrors, etc. to give it a designer look. You can store pens, pencils, and other stationery items, or any other table accessories inside the plastic organizer to give your table a clean appearance.