how to make a monster toothbrush.
make a cool toothbrush in about an hour!
the spikes are grips!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: What You Need
Step 2: Safety With Sugru
Most of these instructions are common sense; but nonetheless important to say!
How to get the most from your sugru®:
• Ensure surfaces are clean, dry and free of dust and grease
• After use, wash hands thoroughly with warm soapy water and a rag.
• sugru may leave a mark on surfaces or stain fabrics.
• If necessary, sugru can be removed by cutting off when cured.
• Store in a cool dry place below 21C.
• Don’t use sugru to stick up heavy objects.
• sugru isn’t suitable for use on some plastics.
• sugru will not stick to every kind of material – if you’re unsure, it’s best to do a small test first.
• sugru isn’t suitable for use in direct or prolonged contact with food.
• Keep out of reach of children.
• The recommendations and suggestions given in illustrations and photos are for guidance only as conditions of use are beyond our control.
Step 3: Measure It Up
Step 4: The Body
use the blue sugru (i had to use two sachets) to mold a body.
open the first sachet and cover the toothbrush up to the point wear you marked but leave a space underneath for the belly! Then get the other sachet of blue sugru and wrap the front of the body. Make sure you have room for the teeth. Then use your pointy object and make 10mm slits down the back of the body, this will be for the spikes.
Step 5: The Belly
get your orange sugru and roll into a sausage about the length of the gap on the body.
then stick onto the gap and press down. You may want to mold the belly so it goes with the round edge of the body.
Step 6: Decorate
Now you can decorate the body and belly. Use the pointy object and carve scales in the sides of the body. Now use it again and roll width length across the belly about 10mm apart.
Step 7: Wait a Day
yep, you now what to do the title tells you itself.
Step 8: The Spikes
Get the black sugru and tear small chunks off of the main blob, these are the spikes.
Place the chunks on top of the body over the slits and press them down. Once this is done mold them into spikes. Then get your hand and see if they can fit between the spikes, if they can move onto the next step if not reajust them and check.
Step 9: The Face
open your white sugru and break off two small chunks for the eyes. Roll them into balls about the size of a pea. stick them on the front of the body. break off asmall sausage and then trail round where the mouth area is. You have finished the teeth. get your pointy object and decorate the eyes and teeth. leave to cure overnight.
Step 10: The Final Product
you have finished the tooth brush.now you have the area where your hand goes and you wont get sugru in your mouth.
enjoy ; )