My daughter needed a small portable clothing rack for a dance competition. Make this one out of PVC pipe and fittings in an hour for about $10. Don't use glue and you can take it apart for storage and transport.
- Two 10 foot lengths of 3/4 inch PVC pipe
- Six 90 degree elbows (3/4 inch)
- Two tees (3/4 inch)
- Two couplers (3/4 inch)
- Some colored duck tape fro decoration
- A saw
Step 1: Cut Pipe to Length
Start with the two 10 foot pieces of 3/4 inch PVC pipe.
- Cut 4 pieces to 24 inches for the uprights.
- Cut 1 piece to 18 inches for the cross bar.
- Cut 2 pieces to 18 inches for the long bases.
- Cut 4 pieces to 5 inches for the short bases.
Step 2: Assemble
- Take the short bases and insert them into the inline sections of the tees.
- Place an elbow on each end of the short base and tee assemblies.
- Connect the short base and tee assemblies with the long bases.
- Place an upright on each of the tees.
- Place a coupler on each of the uprights.
- Place another upright on each couple.
- Place an elbow on each of those uprights.
- Connect the elbows with the cross bar.
Step 3: Decorate
- Take various colors of tape.
- Wrap in short overlapping segments.
Step 4: Complete
It's cheap and quick to make. It only takes a minute to disassemble for transport and assemble for use.
Ready for any time you have quick clothes changes at your recital, competition, or whatever.