Introduction: Make a Punk Padlock Chain Necklace
Today I will show you how to make a padlock chain necklace and it's very cheap and easy. Hell you may even have the materials lying around your house! Many punks wear this and it's part of their style. Sid Vicious and Tim Armstrong are two punks that I have seen wear this a lot. Here is what we will need to get started!
Step 1: Materials
1) A padlock of some sort
2) A Chain
3) A padlock key (that's how you take it off, it is VERY important that you do NOT lose this key or else you will be stuck with a chain around your neck and it'll take a chain cutter to get the chain off. NOT FUN!)
Now with that little warning outta the way. let's begin shall we? :)
Step 2: Where Can I Find This Stuff?
That is a good question. Here are a few suggestions:
a) a 99 cent store
b) a hardware store
c) a pet supplies store - do note that you will pay much more if you get the chain from here. if you want to save money then really try the 99 cent store(s) and hardware store(s) first.
d) also, if you have an old wallet chain that you DO NOT need anymore, then that would help too.
Best of luck in gathering your materials :)
Step 3: Step 1
1) Take off any keyrings from the chain. both sides should not have any keyrings on it. If you got your chain at a pet supplies store then cut off the leash part because you will not be needing it.
Step 4: Step 2
2) open up the padlock with the key
Step 5: Step 3
3) place both ends of the chain around the padlock loop
Step 6: Step 4
4) swing pad lock around and close it.
Step 7: Conclusion/Rock On
The End. There you have it. A very simple, cheap and fun little instructable. I know it's pretty self-explanatory but figured I would share this one with you all. Hope you found this instructable useful and keep on rockin'!