Take 5 is one of my favorite candy bars, so I have decided to replicate it! These bite size candies are simple to make and combine the great tastes of salty and sweet.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
Salted Pretzels (Any kind will do, but snaps aka the little squares are best)
Chocolate Chips melted
Peanuts (salted or unsalted)
Caramels (Packaged squares are easiest to use, but homemade can be tastier!)
Parchment paper or wax paper will be needed for the assembly.
Step 2: Assembly
1) First put a circle of melted chocolate chips on a piece of parchment or wax paper, each circle should be about 1 inch in diameter.
2) Next put a pretzel on top of the chocolate and cover the pretzel entirely with chocolate, wait for it to dry before continuing to the next step.
3) Now put a layer of caramel followed by a layer of peanut butter and peanuts on top. Last cover it all with more melted chocolate chips.
- Make sure that the layer of caramel is extremely thin, less than a quarter of an inch thick
Step 3: Enjoy and Customize!
After you have tried this recipe, try replacing some of the ingredients with others, some examples are listed below:
- caramel: chocolate caramel, different types to find the perfect texture, make your own caramel
- peanuts: walnuts, almonds, cashews, any other nut, coconut
- peanut butter: almond butter, nutella, make your own homemade peanut butter
- try using peanut butter pretzel sandwiches or chocolate covered pretzels, to make assembly even easier
Participated in the