Intro: Make a Wrist Crossbow | DIY Tutorial
What is up everybody, In this quick instructable I will show you how I made this wrist crossbow from leftover materials I had in my shop. Hope you enjoy it.
Step 1: Making the Frame
- I had some old hinge springs laying in my shop, so I decided to use them due to their insane strength.
- To secure it to the body I heat it up with my torch and quickly bend one end so we can later attach it to the base with the screw.
- I drilled two holes and secure the springs with a M6 screw and a nut at the bottom.
Step 2: Mechanism and Guide Pipe
- Then I cut a piece of a 8mm pipe and cut a long groove along the pipe with angle grinder. Do this step slowly and accurately because that will be our guide for the steel rope.
- After that I cut a small rectangle out of the base with a dremel for the trigger mechanism.
- There a lots of different trigger mechanisms on the internet so use one that you think is the easiest to make.
- To trigger the mechanism I used a tiny steel bicycle rope which is attached to the aluminum pipe. If you want to trigger it simply pull the rope or bend your wrist.
Step 3: Finishing Up
- On the bottom I made 2 small grooves for the belts so I can secure the crossbow to the wrist.
- For the darts I used some nails but these are useful only for a small distance.
- Spring are powerful enough to shoot even further but for that I recommend you to make a proper dart with center of gravity at tip of the dart.
I hope you like that instructable, please leave some comments if you have any suggestion how would you improve/change it.