Takes only 30 minutes to make. Made it for a friend's birthday. :D
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Cut Out Bunny Ears Pattern and Sew
- Use the attached PDF or make a quick template of your own.
- Cut out 4 pieces from satin.
- Sew it inside out, then flip inside out, and then iron smooth.
- (Optional) Fold ear flap and sew in place
Step 2: Prepare the Top Hat
- Bend a 2 wire hangers straight.
- Connect the ends to form one long piece. (Hint: Use the twists that are already there.)
- Punch holes on both sides at the inner brim.
- Insert the wire.
Step 3: Secure the Wire
- Bend the wire as shown.
- Ensure a good tight fit - the wire should not be very visible from the side.
- Hot glue in place.
Step 4: Trim Wire and Hot Glue Bunny Ears
- Measure the satin ear against the wire.
- Add an extra 2-4 cm (1-1.5 in) and cut.
- Bend wire onto itself so to prevent poking.
- Slip on ears and secure the sides with hot glue.
- Bend gently to give a nice look.
Step 5: You're Done!
Wearing it feels awesome because everyone smiles when they see it.
Runner Up in the
Halloween Props Contest