Intro: Make a Durable Night Lamp
(This instructable is for those who have basic knowledge of electric/electronics)
I found about a dozen used cell phone chargers very cheap from a local shop.
The cell phone chargers have faults in the plugs and cables only, the actual charger circuit were working perfect. I removed the cable and plugs and used these in many projects
In this instructable I will show you how I made a durable night lamp which will give service for many years.
Step 1: Components Required
You will need.
1. A cell phone /Mobile Phone Charger with out put of 5 to 12 volts.
2. One white LED 5mm ( You can substitute with Blue color LED)
3. One resistance (for value click to see the chart)
4. One diffuser. I used a cap from an insulin syringe (BD), most white semi-transparent bottle caps do the job.
The diffuser is required to disperse the light uniformly in the room and make it cool to the eyes.
Step 2: Connecting Components & Finishing
1. Make a 5 mm whole near the voltage out put and connect the LED and Resistance as shown in the circuit diagram, observing the polarity of the current.
2. Test it by hooking to the mains power socket.
3. Finally glue the diffuser on it.
See an other view of the built up night light
Step 3: An Other Finalized Night Light
This is a picture with a different diffuser