Want to step ahead from the simple organizers? Let’s give the organizer a designer touch by changing the design of the organizer. Yes, today we shall make an organizer with a curvy design giving your desk a fancy appearance. The craft is quite simple and easy to make which makes it one of the best designs adopted by the art lovers.
So, are you ready to make this unique organizer from cardboard! Here we go!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things You Need
- 4 Cardboard rolls from aluminum foils
- Color paper
- Printed papers
- Stone lace
- Mount board paper
- Glue and cutter
- Radius, pencil,and scissors
When all the things are ready to use, here are the steps you need to follow.
Step 2: Let's Cut Cardboard Rolls!
- Take 4 cardboard rolls from the empty aluminum foils. Using a cutter, cut them into around 4 to 5 inches small rolls. Again, cut the small rolls into the half with the cutter too.
Step 3: Let's Cut the Cardboard!
- Now take cardboard, pointer,and pencil. Take a measurement of 4cm and draw a circle on the cardboard. Make a straight line using a scale a little far from the center of the circle. Cut the circle till the straight line only using a cutter. This gives semi-circular cardboard. Cut another same size cardboard too and keep it aside.
Step 4: Let's Cover the Half Cut Rolls!
- Now take the half-cut rolls and the semi-circular cardboard. Take printed sheets in red and blue. Cover the half-cut rolls using the printed sheets (half blue and half red).
Step 5: Let's Cover the Semi-circular Cardboard!
- Take a color sheet and cover the semi-circular cardboard too. Stick the edges on the other side for complete finishing.
Step 6: Let's Stick Half Cut Rolls!
- Take the rolls and apply glue on one of the edges. Stick the roll on the arc of the semi-circular cardboard. Stick one roll in red and another blue for a colorful look. Cover the entire arc similarly.
Step 7: Let's Stick Color Paper Inside the Rolls!
- Take a color paper and stick it in the inner side of the rolls using some glue. Stick it using your fingers to firmly give the color paper a rounded shape.
Step 8: Let's Cover Cardboard Using Color Paper!
- Take a cardboard piece of 4 cm and cover it using a color paper from all the sides. Stick the cardboard piece on the straight side of the semi-circular cardboard joining the rolls.
Step 9: Let's Wrap the Strips Using Color Paper!
- Now take the other semi-circular cardboard. Also, take a mount board strip of around 1 inch. Wrap the mount board strip using the color paper and glue. Also, cover the other semi-circular cardboard using some color paper.
Step 10: Let's Make Opening of the Organizer!
- Apply some glue on the mount board strip and stick the semi-circular cardboard edge on it covering the entire cardboard. This makes the opening of the organizer.
Step 11: Let's Stick Printed Sheet!
- Take a printed sheet and cut a semi-circular shape from it, but an inch smaller than the cardboard. Stick it on the top of the organizer opening.
Step 12: Let's Decorate the Organizer!
- For decorating the organizer, take a stone lace and stick it on the edge of the opening top of the organizer from all the sides. Similarly, stick the stone lace on the bottom of the organizer too.
Step 13: Conclusion
Wasn’t that too quick to make! Such organizers can also be carried while moving out of homes. The organizers not only help you store your valuables but also give your desk or dressing table a neat and decorative look. Women basically store their nail paint sets, lip colors, makeup kits, creams, and other jewelry inside the organizer. However, it can also be used for storing thread rolls, needles, and other similar accessories too.
So, how are you designing this lovely and curvy organizer?