Makhana Kaju Curry is a very delicious recipe for Main course. The combination of tomatoes, Lotus seeds/Fox Nuts and Cashews gives you a very yummy taste. At the same time it is very quick and easy to prepare.
Here we have prepared it in a similar fashion which gives you the taste and feel similar to serve in the restaurants.
Step 1: Ingredients
Ingredients, (Adjust spices to taste)
- Lotus seeds / Fox nut / Makhana – 1 cup
- Cashews – 25
- Oil - ½ cup or as needed
- Tomatoes – 4 small (250 grams)
- Green chilies – 2
- Cashews – 25
- Green coriander – 2-3 tbsp
- Ginger – 1 tsp paste or 1 inch baton grated
- Dry fenugreek leaves – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1 or 2 pinch
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Red chilly flakes / powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
Step 2: Steps
- Grind tomato and green chilli into paste.
- Keep the paste aside till further usage.
- Add oil in a vessel or Wok.
- Once oil is hot, add cumin.
- Once cumin seeds are cooked add 1-2 pinch asafetida powder.
- Add turmeric powder and salt. Give it a mix.
- Add Ginger Garlic Paste and mix it.
- Add grinded tomato-chilli paste and mix it well.
- Leave it to cook till oil start separating.
- In the meantime, add Cashews and 2 spoon milk in a grinder. Grind it to fine paste.
- When Masala is cooked, add Cashew paste. Mix it well.
- Add Garam masala and Kasuri Methi (Dry Fenugreek leaves).Mix Well.
- Add Chilli flakes and give it a mix.
- Add some water (One small bowl as shown). Mix it.
- Cover the vessel and leave it on medium heat for 4-5 minute.
- In the meantime add some oil in a separate pan or wok and heat it on low flame.
- Add all the Makhane (Fox nuts). Roast them on low flame to ensure they are cooked deep inside.
- Roast till they start changing the color or start getting light brown.
- Take them out in a plate. Drain out the extra oil.
- Add Makhane (Fox nuts) to gravy Masala and mix.
- Leave it to cook for 5-6 minute.
- Add Few Coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Switch off the flame.
Step 3: Serving
- Transfer it to serving dish.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- You can enjoy your dish with Roti, Chapati, Naan(different type of Indian breads) or Rice.
Thank you for Watching! See you again very soon with a new recipe.
If you liked the recipe then Please don't forget to LIKE, SHARE and SUBSCRIBE.
For Easy Audio (Hindi) and Video instructions with English subtitles please watch,