Introduction: Making Money That Doesn't Burn
Do you have a spare bill? Here's a neat trick for setting a dollar bill on fire, without actually burning it. This demonstration illustrates the concept of combustion and also shows some properties of alcohol, water, and money.
Materials you will need:
- U.S. Bill (Note) Any Currency will do
- Rubbing Alcohol (50% Isopropyl alcohol)
- A Few Spoons of water
- A bowl
- A Lighter
-Tongs (If you don't want to burn your fingers)
-A pinch of salt (Helps produce a more visible flame)
Preparation Time: 2 Minutes
DISCLAIMER: Burning Money is Illegal in the United States, and I am in no way responsible for your actions if something wrong were to occur, in other words try it at your own risk!!
(The way I explain it ... it isn't illegal since the currency doesn't actually burn or becomes defaced at all, allowing it to keep circulating).
Check out our other instructable showing you how to Make a Smoke Bomb out of Ping Pong Balls
Step 1: Prepare Your Solution
1. Go ahead and pour 16oz of rubbing alcohol in a dish (Yes, all of it if you want... I did) Then, add a couple of spoonfuls of water (4 is good enough), to the bowl.
2. Also optional, if you want a more vivid an visible flame add a pinch of salt to the solution.
3. Now dip the bill in the bowl, but make sure you hold the bill with tongs!! Dip it fully, and shake off excess alcohol.
Step 2: Fire Time!!
Now go ahead and grab the lighter, and light the bill up...
It should produce a vivid flame and eventually the flame will vanish.
But wait!! There's more to it!!
Step 3: Hands on Fire!!
It also works with Human Meat!! But I wouldn't recommend it!!
If you do intend to, dip your hand entirely into the alcohol so you don't get burned!!
Enjoy!! and... be safe and careful!!
If you like this instructable, make sure to view How to Make a Smoke Bomb out of Ping Pong Balls Enjoy!! and Stay tuned for more!!