About one month ago, I bought some affordable LED strip lights from Bangood.com. You can see that the LED strip lights are used in interior/exterior designs of the house/garden etc.
I’ve decided to make a light up necklace for when the new year is coming. It’s easy to make. It doesn’t require advanced electronics knowledge. It really looks nice when you wear it. I also used the plastic package which is wrapped around the products to prevent them from damage when i make the necklace. You can leave a comment if you use them in a different way.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Required Materials
- Cut the LED strip lights with enough lenght.(You can wrap it around your necklace and then measure the lenght of the strip.) It has already a sign on the strip leds saying where to cut it.
Step 3: Designing the Necklace
- Cut the length of the protective plastic cover with the same lenght as the LED strip lights
- Then stick the LED strip lights on the protective plastic cover.
- Cover the LED strip lights with the protective plastic cover and sew or silicone it.
Step 4: Soldering Operations
It's time to power the LED strip lights.
- Solder the 9V battery head to the LED strip lights. The red cable represents "+" and the black one represents "-".
Step 5: Final Step
Finally, we stickt the hook&loop tape on both ends of the necklace. Our lightning necklace is ready ! We can wear it !
Participated in the