I didn't take a lot of pictures while I was making this. Usually I do but I had so many failed costume attempts before this.
Step 1: The Mask
The mask was sculpted with clay, molded with Plaster of Paris and then ran with Monster Makers Latex. It is a half mask with Elastic. I used brushes and an air brush machine to paint and added glitter to the eye shadow.
Step 2: The Gown
I couldn't make this gown again if I wanted too. I used 4 yards of black cotton, 3 yards 9 purple satin and 2 yards of pink satin.
Step 3: The Staff
The staff was made using a metal pole and Styrofoam ball, painted in gold metallic acrylic paint. I glued the bird on top and painted the eyes and beak.
Step 4: The Head Piece and Extras
I painted my hands with the same color green acrylic paint and added a little latex so it would dry well and didn't rub off. I also added a black oval ring.
The headpiece was structured with cardboard. I made a black hood and glued the cardboard to it. Then wrapped it in black fabric and hot glued it.