Once summer starts, we all want to have something chilling. So I am making my husband's favorite Mango Pistachio Kulfi/ Ice cream. Hope you like it.
Kulfi is a frozen dairy dessert from India or a traditional Indian ice cream. Its extremely healthy as its made of milk.
I have presented the Kulfi in 3 different ways: Frozen kulfi filled inside an actual mango, Popsicle style Kulfi and Kulfi in a normal container.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Ripe mangoes - 2 medium size
- Handful pistachio
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream
Step 2: Making Mango Puree
- Peal the mango.
- Chop it into smaller pieces.
- Use a blender and blend to a smooth puree.
Step 3: De-seeding the Mango:
- Cut a thin slice on the extreme edge of the mango.
- Use a knife or spoon which is narrow.
- Insert it into the mango and go around the seed so it becomes loose enough.
- Carefully pull it out.
- The mango is now hollow for us to pour the kulfi mixture inside it.
Step 4: Making the Kulfi / Ice Cream Mixture:
Mix the mango puree, evaporated milk, whipped cream, sugar and chopped pistachios with a spoon. The mixture is ready.
Step 5: Final Step - Assembling and Presenting.
To make kulfi / ice cream in the deseeded mango:
- Pour the mixture into the hollow space within the mango.
- Close the open space of the mango with the mango piece itself.
- Freeze the mango.
To freeze in kulfi molds / normal containers:
- Chop tiny square pieces of left over mango.
- Put it in the mold.
- Pour the kulfi / ice cream mixture into the molds.
- Cover it and freeze them.
- If there is any left over mixture, pour it into some other containers.
- Garnish it with chopped pieces of mango and chopped pistachio.
The Mango Pistachio Kulfi or Ice Cream is now ready!
Enjoy and let me know what you think. Thank you.
Second Prize in the
Frozen Treats Contest