Introduction: Marble Cannon
- 50cm x 50cm wood board
- 45cm PVC pipe
- 18cm PVC pipe
- 45cm wooden dowel rod
- 2 springs
- Hose clamp
- 2 tube straps
- 3 25cm tall wood blocks
- 2 hooks
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
- Connect the 3 wood blocks to the wooden base using wood glue and screws.
- Using the tube straps, drill the short PVC pipe into place loose enough to spin on top of the wood blocks.
- Using another strap, drill the long PVC pipe onto the small one so that the angle of the cannon can change.
- Drill a hole at the end of the wooden dowel and put in a metal rod through it.
- Add nuts to hold the metal rod in place as well as connect one end of each spring to the wooden dowel.
- Use a hose clamp to connect hooks and springs to the PVC pipe.
- All done!
The calculations show
- Time launch took
- Initial velocity using kinematic equations
- Force using work-energy equations