By: Ashley Knoch and Rosie Ringer
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Step 1: Draw and Cut
- Measure one foot of PCV pipe and cut it
- Cut 2 pieces of a wooden dowel, the wooden dowel should be 1/2 inch thick. Measure 16 inches for the height and then cut.
- Measure 8 inches of a "v" shaped wood and cut. This is used to hold the PVC pipe
- Trace the base of the 2 pieces of wooden dowel onto the center of your base
- Cut the straight end of a wire hanger
- Cut a inch of the wooden dowel, separate from the first two
Step 2: Step 2: Drilling
- Drill a hole into a quarter then super glue the quarter on one of the ends of the PVC pipe
- Drill a hole into the center of the 1 inch piece of wooden dowel
- Put the hanger through the wooden dowel's hole and curl on end
- Add the opposite side wooden dowel to the spring
- With the six inch wooden dowels, drill a hole on the outside of each of them
- Use a screw to go through the wooden dowel holes to go into the "v" shaped wood.
- Drill wooden dowels onto the base where you traced them
Step 3: Step 3: Final Steps
- Put spring into the PVC pipe, with the end with the wooden dowel facing the opening and the end of the wire coming through the hole of the quarter
- Add the PVP pipe to the "v" shaped wood and duct tape them together