I would love to hear or see how your Mario quilling project came out. If anything is unclear or you have questions please ask. As always I hope my Instructable is helpful and that you enjoy it!
Step 1: Gather Supplies
1. Paper , red, black, cream, brown, yellow and blue
2. Colored pencils and a regular pencil
3. White paint marker
3. Black sharpie
5. Blue poster board
6. Picture frame (I used an 8x10)
7. Glue (I used tacky glue)
8. Simple paper shredder( that shreds strips only)
9. Ruler optional
10. Quilling tool ( or you can. Google how to make your own out of a needle or toothpicks.)
11. Get the image you would like to use for your Mario and background.
Step 2: Prepare the Background
Remove glass from your picture frame.
Trace glass onto blue poster board.
Place paper inside frame and trace inner edge.
Remove blue poster board ( it should have a rectangle outline around the edge)
Step 3: Create Your Paper Quills
1. Put your paper through your paper shredder.
2. Take your quilling tool and insert the end of your paper into the slit and twist around.
3. Pull the paper Off the end. Be careful not to wrap it to tight or it will rip off. This may take a few tries to get the pressure right.
4. After you have pulled off your circle, carefully lift the end and put a dab of glue. Hold for a few seconds and repeat the process.
Step 4: Drawing the Background
1. Line up your quills (DO NOT GLUE YET)
2. Use your pencil( and ruler) to draw the background
3. Color in your drawing
4. The black is all outlined with the sharpie
5. The white is with the paint marker
6 begin gluing your Mario down starting at the hat. ( for the hat top, glue each individual red. After you can put a small line of glue for each row. Any pieces that do not have a color should be glued individually to help keep Mario straight. )
7. After it is all glued. Put something heavy over the picture for a few minutes.
Step 5: Put It All Together
1. Put your Mario picture in the frame.
2. Place the glass in next to help with stability.
3. Put on the back.
4. Now hang it and enjoy.