-Masala biscuits are savoury biscuits.We are adding just pinch of sugar and we can consider them as sugarless.
-All purpose flour blended with some spices and then baked to give savoury taste and can be prefect with some tea.
- Half cup All purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Half tablespoon sesame seeds
- One tablespoon dried curry leaves
- One teaspoon red chilli powder
- salt as per taste
- pinch of sugar about 1/4teaspoon
- One and half tablespoon milk
Step 1: Making Dough
-Take half cup All purpose flour in bowl and add two tablespoon butter to it and give a mix.After mixing it is crumbled texture
Step 2: Add Sesame Seeds and Curry Leaves
-Next add half tablespoon sesame sees and one table spoon slightly crushed dried curry leaves
Step 3: Add Spices
-Add one teaspoon red chilli powder and salt as per taste.Even add about 1/4 teaspoon sugar and give a mix.
Step 4: Add Milk and Make Stiff Dough
-Next add about one and half tablespoon milk and make a stiff dough.
Step 5: Rolling
-Take dough and roll it flat to 1/4inch thickness using rolling pin.Place butter paper at bottom and roll on it to prevent sticking
Step 6: Cut in to Squares
-After rolling cut them in your desired shape. I used cutter at the back of my spoon which has design and cut into small squares.You can use cookie cutter and make your own shapes.
-Remove the scrapes and again roll and cut
Step 7: Baking
- After cutting to squares allign on baking sheet and prick at centre with fork.
- Bake at 180 degree centigrade for 15 to 20 minutes.
Step 8: Enjoy Masala Biscuits
-Enjoy masala biscuits with some tea.