How to make Masala Chai or India masala Tea. We all love Spice Tea in winters and here is the recipe for the Spice Tea / Masala Chai.
Masala Chai Recipe Serving :2 cups
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: List of Ingredients for Serving 2 Cups
Servings : 2cups
1. Tea powder 2 teaspoon (adjust to suit your taste)
2. Water 1 cup
3. Milk 1 cup
4. Ginger ½ inchstick Grated (1/2teaspoon app.)
5. Black pepper corn 4
6. Whole Cloves 2
7. Cinnamon Stick ½ inch
8. Black Cardamom (2 seeds)
9. Fennel Seeds ¼ teaspoon
10. Grated Nutmeg 1/8 teaspoon
11. Green Cardamom 2
12. Tulsi leaves 2
13. Sugar 2-3teaspoon (as per taste)
Step 2: Method:
- Coarsely Grind Black pepper corn,
- cloves and seeds of Black Cardamom in pestle. Keep it aside.
- In a saucepan, put water and add tulsi leaves, ginger, cinnamon stick, fennel seeds, grinded above masala. Bring the water to boil till the flavors are infused well.
- Add tea powder and after few seconds add grated nutmeg. Let it boil for 1 minute.
- Now add milk into the saucepan.
- Add sugar. Boil it for 2-3 minutes
- Coarsely grind the green cardamom and add in your tea. Boil it for 30 seconds more.
- Strain the chai in your cups and serve hot.