Introduction: Mason Jar Salad
The garden is coming in and we are already overwhelmed with produce. The wife saw this on Pinterest and we thought we would give it try. It's really easy to make and quite tasty :).
Step 1: Ingredients
The ingredients can vary. We chose the following:
- Cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Bell Peppers, sliced
- Onion, sliced
- Olive oil
- Vinegar, balsamic, white, apple cider
- Dill, Parsley, garlic minced
Step 2: Slice Vegetables
Be sure to wash all produce before cutting. Using a sharp knife, slice vegetables to the desired size.
Step 3: Dressing
Mix the dressing together a follows:
- Use 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (white and balsamic are good also).
- Pour in 1/4 cup olive oil
- Add 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Finally add the spices. We used a mix of dill, parsley and garlic puree. Adjust the amounts to taste. We like dill so I added a lot of dried dill (1/2tsp). Mix together well by shaking the container.
Step 4: Mix
Mix sliced vegetables together in a bowl.
Step 5: Pack Mason Jars
Tightly pack the vegetables into the mason jars.
Step 6: Fill With Dressing
Fill jars to the top with the dressing, you remembered to pack the vegetables in right? Some lemon was squeezed into each jar, go light on the lemon unless you like lots of sour. Let marinate in the dressing for at least a few hours in the fridge.
Step 7: Ready to Eat
Now, its ready for your next cookout / barbecue. Enjoy!
Participated in the