While the traditional hotcake is always a welcomed favorite on any breakfast table, added matcha flavor just makes everything better!
Step 1: Ingredients
For this quick and easy recipe, you'll need:
- baking powder
- matcha powder
- (optional) sesame
Step 2: Mixing
- Mix 1 cup of flour, 2 tbsp of baking powder, 3 tbsp of matcha powder, 2 tbsp sugar and 1/2 tsb salt in a mixing bowl.
- Melt 3 tbsps of butter
- mix in 1 1/4 cup of milk, the melted butter, and 1 egg into the flour in the middle
- whisk batter until mixed
- To get a stronger accent of the matcha flavor, add another 2 tbsp of matcha powder to the batter but don't mix it too much this time.
Step 3: Cooking
In a hot pan, medium heat:
- add 1 tsp vegetable oil
- pour 1/4 cup of batter each time
- (optional) sprinkle some sesame on to the hotcake before it solidifies
- Once the hotcake is mostly solid (4-5 minutes), flip and cook the other side for 2 more minutes.
Step 4: Serve
Serve hotcakes on a warm plate. Natural honey works especially well alongside the matcha flavor!