Made with 5 ingredients. This is an easy recipe you and your family will enjoy.
This recipe will make 1 pint of frozen ice cream.
To make a larger qty, just double (or triple) the ingredients.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1/2 cup - white granulated sugar
- 2 cup - heavy cream
- 1 cup white milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-6 Heath Bar Miniatures chopped up (or add as many as you want)
Step 2: Add Ingredients
- In a bowl, add 2 cups cream, 1 cup milk and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Stir together.
I use a fork. Stir until all the sugar is dissolved (approx. 2 mins)
- After the sugar is dissolved, add vanilla.
The vanilla can be added to your taste, I like 1/2 tsp, but you can add more if you like more of a strong vanilla taste.
Step 3: Freeze - Add Candy
- Pour your ice cream liquid into a plastic container - or keep it in the bowl, it won't make a difference after the ice cream is frozen.
(Note - if you add the heath bar candy pieces to the liquid, they will sink and all end up at the bottom)
- Chop up 3-6 Heath Bar minis. You can use a blender or use a knife or a mallet. It's better if you crush up a mixture of small and big pieces.
- Freeze liquid in your freezer for 1 hour - or until it starts hardening. Get your chopped up candy pieces and mix into the semi hardened ice cream.
- Put back into the freezer for 2-3 hours or until completely frozen.
Step 4: Eat!
After the ice cream is frozen, scoop out and enjoy!
Participated in the
Sweet Treats Challenge
1 Person Made This Project!
Tinymis made it!