Make mixed media mermaid bottles to save sand from your last beach vacation or fill with bath salts! A fun project with absolutely no rules!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Watch the Short Video Tutorial Here!
Step 2: Stuff You'll Need
Allure Dimensional Design Adhesive Paints
Seashells, pearls and gems
Americana Decoupage in Gloss
Glitter and holographic tapes *I used silver, blue and green glitter and blue holographic tape from the 99c store
Teflon scissors if you can find them *Teflon scissors are great for cutting tape because they don't get gunky
Step 3: Here's How:
1. Spray paint the bottle in a shade of blue that you like
2. & 3. Decoupage the image of the mermaid to the bottle with Americana Decoupage in Gloss
4. Cut the silver glitter tape in triangles and place them around the mermaid image
5. & 6. Continue cutting glitter and holographic triangles and placing them around the bottle *Cover the entire bottle
7. Add rows of stick on gems along the sides of the triangles emanating from the image and around the neck and mouth of the bottle
8. & 9. Glue a few large gems around the image with E-6000
10. & 11. Decorate around the triangles and along the strips of gems with the Allure *I used Glitter Lime Shine, Turquoise Gloss, Metallic Jade and Glitter Green
12. Add shells and pearls with more E-6000 until you're happy with it