Introduction: Mesa Coordenada
The need is the mother of creation, so I decided to build a coordinated table for my bench drill, an indispensable tool in a garage workshop.
I started using recycled materials, purchased in an old iron in my city, but in the end I chose to increase a little more and make some more worked pieces, but nothing that prevents being manufactured at home
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
I went to the ironwork "Shopping" where I found six pieces of 1/14 "(31.75mm) by 1/8" (3,175mm) and about 800mm long.
I used my miter saw adapted with an abrasive disk to cut the angles.
I cut four pieces into the frame of the first axis.
This is how the first frame, first axis, should look.
Two centralized holes to guide the spindle.
Repeating the first steps for the second axis, attached here by an intermediate frame, where the spindle nuts were affixed.
Sticking the piece of angle that had received the cheek of the walrus.
Opening thread 6mm to fix the jaws.
Also bought in the "mall" a massive bar of 20mmx20mm to be the cheek.
Being pierced and countersunk to be affixed.
Here the vise already with the cheeks, being welded the support of the spindle.
For the movement of the spindles, I decided to make flywheels cast in aluminum.
Here my homemade 3D printer, printing the models for casting
First half of the steering wheel model ready, (the blue color at the end is for taking advantage of the remains of filaments of varied colors)
Second part of the steering wheel being printed in blue abs, this in turn was not in good quality which compromised the finish of the piece
Here the two halves of the steering wheel are ready, fix the blue with white plastic mass, to repair the imperfections of the bad abs.
Here by sanding the model that is attached to the bench drill.
Starting the mold for casting.
Finishing casting mold (I intend to make other instructables detailing casting and 3D printing)
Here the furnace for aluminum casting.
We made six pieces in different molds.
Finished piece, just missing the burrs.
Hole for fixing the spindles
Stud fixing hole for locking the spindle
Handwheel crank hole
Third frame, the walrus.
Finished piece, ready for use.
Participated in the
Trash to Treasure