Introduction: Metal Security Door Plate/Push Plate
Quick Instructable on how to build a metal push plate and/or security plate on a security door with a screen.
1. 4 inch square electrical box blank cover, metal
2. SteelStik or other type epoxy putty
3. Duct tape
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Build Plate
1. Using the steel putty to connect the 1st plate to the corner of door frame. Be sure to place putty on the 2 sides where the plate touches the frame.
2. Once the first plate is secured, place the 2nd plate on the 1st. Make sure it is properly lined up and secure it with the putty. Use duct tape to hold it in place while the putty dries. Once it is dry, reinforce the connection with additional putty.
3. Repeat step 2 for the 3rd plate.