Create a hidden message by metal stamping words of your choice on layered pewter and brass stamping blanks. Wear your handmade pendant in less than an hour!
Visit ImpressArt Tutorials for more.
Step 1: Tools Needed
- 5/8 Inch Brass Circle Stamping Blank
- 15/16 Inch Pewter Circle Stamping Blank
- 19 Gauge Jump Ring18 Inch Ball ChainLetter Stamps (your choice of font)
- Stamp Straight Tape (or masking tape)
- Chain Nose PliersFlat Nose PliersErgo-Angle Hammer (or other brass hammer)
- Steel BlockStamp Enamel
- Polishing Cloth
- Permanent Marker
Step 2: Stamp the Word “be” on the Brass Blank Using the Stamp Straight Tape
- Place tape on blank
- Mark where each letter will be stamped with a permanent marker
- Drag stamp until it meets the top of the tape
- Strike the stamp once with medium force to stamp each letter
See Metal Stamping Basics Video for more.
Step 3: Stamp the Word of Your Choice in the Center of the Pewter Blank
- Mark tape
- Place brass blank on top to make sure the word will be covered
- Stamp each letter by striking the stamp once with medium force
See Stamp Straight Video for more.
Step 4: Use Stamp Enamel on the Word Stamped on the Pewter
- Cover the impression with stamp enamel
- Use the Q-tip to ensure the enamel completely covers the impression
- Wait 10-20 secondsBlot with a soft cloth
- Wipe away the excess stamp enamel with a soft cloth
See Stamp Enamel for more tips and techniques.