Mexican Beef Stew is one of my favorite dishes to start in the morning and leave in the slow cooker all day. Simple to make, spicy, and tasty, it offers a great foundation for customizing to suit individual tastes. This version includes bomba rice and hot sauce - my favorites.
- 2 1/2 pounds of beef stew meat (cubed)
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1 can southwestern style canned corn
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Ample amounts of your favorite hot sauce (mine is Livingston Parish from Amberfyre)
Step 1: Slow and Low
Add the beef, pepper, onion, tomatoes, and chili powder to your slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 6 1/2 hours.
Step 2: Bomba Time!
After 6 to 6 1/2 hours, estimate the amount of liquid present and add enough rice for a 2:1 ratio of rice to liquid. I usually add a cup and a half of rice. Continue to cook on low heat for 1 1/2 more hours.
Step 3: Home Stretch
After 1 1/2 hours, add corn, taco seasoning, and hot sauce and cook on High for another 30 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
Anas2004786 made it!