Intro: Mike's Urban Farm: Adding Some Hydro Beds
This is my urban farm as it stands. It is usually in flux but right now I have:
- 4 grape tomato plants
- 4 hot pepper plants
- lots of cuttings and transplants
- 1 large basil
My lighting consists of:
- 125W 2700K CFL with reflector wing
- 4-bulb shop light, 128W T8, cool and warm white
For plant food I am using a water soluble fertilizer 24-8-16 and a tomato specific 12-8-16 (Those might be off).
Step 1: Gather Supplies
You will need:
- two 3-gallon rubber maid bins
- Hole cutting tool ( drill or knife)
- net pots
- rock wool
- 2 air stones
- air hose
- air pump
Step 2: Cut Holes in the Lids for the Net Pots
Use your hole cutting tool. Take your time, be neat about it.
Step 3: Prepare the Air Stone
Hook up the air stone to the air line and then connect the other end to the air pump.
Step 4: Add Media and Nutrients
Then you're done!