Introduction: Milagu Sadam (Pepper Rice) | Ventuno Home Cooking
Milagu Sadam (Pepper Rice)
Cooked Boiled rice - 1 cup
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Spilt Urad dal - 1/4 tsp
Ghee - 1/4 cup
Onion - 1 finely chopped
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
A few Curry Leaves Salt to taste
A few Cashew nuts
1. For this recipe i used boiled rice, you can use raw rice or basmati rice, its up to you.
2. Heat 3 to 4 tsp of ghee in a pan. Add mustard seeds & split urad dal.
3. Once the mustard seeds start splattering, add cashew nuts, onions, curry leaves & sauté it for a few minutes. 4. Pound the pepper and cumin seeds coarsely.
5. Next add cooked rice, salt, pounded pepper and cumin seeds. Mix it gently.
6. Check for seasoning, add ghee and stir it gently for a minute.
7. Milagu sadam is ready. Serve with any papad.
Like us on FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.