This is a guide to making a water well. It's a great thing to add to your own village, but it is not the same as a village well. And you can choose between two versions: v1 and v2. Anyways, follow me for more updates on other How to's in Minecraft! Also check my gaming account on Twitter: @anshumanrblx!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: The Required Materials
The required stuff will be (consider about 10 of the items),
- Cobblestone Stairs
The other stuff will be (consider 4 of the items),
- Bucket of Water
- Oak Fence
The Oak Fence will be required as 20 in the v2.
Step 2: Making the Base
Follow the images along with the instructions (images will be numbered so that they correspond to the steps). If you want to make v2, you will have to make the v1 first then add some slight alterations. What I mean to say is, if you are making either version of the water well, all steps are required.
- Dig a 2×2 hole as deep as you want it.
- Then, replace the dirt outlined inside the hole with cobblestone.
- Line up the top of the hole with cobblestone. (the image doesn't show the cobblestone above, but trust me, it is there)
- Then, place cobblestone stairs on top of the lineup, and below the lineup.
- Replace the corners on top of the lineup with cobblestone.
Now for the water and the support of the well!
Step 3: Making the Support and the Water
The support is just the mirror image of the well, except there is no hole and water (makes sense, right?).
- Place oak fences on top of the cobblestone corners.
- Place cobblestone on top of the oak fence. And then, place water in the hole.
- Place cobblestone stairs "upside down" between the cobblestone.
- Fill up the hole above the water well with cobblestone and add another layer of cobblestone to it.
- Place cobblestone stairs "upside down" around the layer.
v1 is done! Now for the few alterations in it to make v2.
Step 4: Bugs and Glitches (v2 Water Well)
I had noticed after making the v1 that you can take the water from the well, but on placing the water inside it, it doesn't go inside and gets placed beside the well. That is where v2 comes in...
- Remove the layer of cobblestone and cobblestone stairs above the oak fence and place more fence above the fence. Also, fence the water well from three sides.
- Make a giant door of fences in the unfenced side and connect that door to the water well fences.
- Fence the space between the door and water well fences. Finally, add a fence on each side of the door.
v2 fixes the bug, as well as looks more majestic!
Step 5: Dub-de-dee! Your Well's Been Made!
If you have any doubts, wanna thank me, want more of this, blah blah blah, comment on this! Also check my gaming account on Twitter: @anshumanrblx! Have a good day! :D