Introduction: Mini Joystick
I needed a joystick for a project that i am building but all the ones i had were to big so i decided to build one.
- 4 Switches
- Piece of Metal
- Steel rod
- 2 Spacers
- Spring (I used one out of a pen)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Optional - Drill - for if your metal doesn't have a hole
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Stick Assembly
- Plug in hot glue gun to warm up
- Take the steel rod and run a bead of hot glue around one end
- Place a spacer on the rod next
- (Optional - drill hole in metal piece)
- Feed the rod through the hole in your metal
- Place another spacer on the rod
- Place the spring next
- Now compress the spring and run a bead of glue around the end so that when you release the spring it will still be suppressed some resting on the glue
Step 2: Switch Assembly
- Flip metal over to the under side and hold a switch where it should be placed to make contact when the stick is moved, then mark with a marker
- Now once you have all the spots marked, glue each switch on