Hi guys, this is my instructable on a mini tripod papercup lamp made using copper tubes which can be found in any AC/refrigerator parts shop and some paper cups. Do leave a like and drop by on my instagram (www.instagram.com/jugaadist) for similar DIY upscaled decors.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Items Needed
- 1/4 inch copper tubes
- 1/2 inch hose pipe clamp
- 220 Volt small ac bulb/led with holder. You can also use a normal 2 pin connector as I've used
- Glue gun
- Electrical insulation tape
- 2 pin Plug
- Plain white paper-cup
- Markers, colors, etc for designing on the paper cup.
Step 2: Making the Tripod
- cut the copper tube in about 3 pieces each of 15 cms length
- Bend the top and bottom portion of the tube as shown in the image
- Make a 2 pin plug wire of any length of you choice as shown. On one end, attach the two pin plug and on the other attach a small thimble which can fit the bulb as shown.
- Glue the thimble in between the 3 tubes and tighten the hose clamp as shown. Add some extra hot glue to ensure that the wires dont come off or the connector/thimble doesn't go out of place.
- Attach the bulb as shown and test it to see if everything is working fine.
- Test out the paper cup by fitting it.
Step 3: Decorating the Paper Cups
The paper cup can be decorated in any way you feel like. Personally, I've used markers to make designs on the paper cup as shown. Its all a matter of experimentation. You could look at some illustrations and paintings for reference.
hope you enjoyed it. If you have any questions, feel free to ping me on my instagram page (@jugaadist).
Participated in the
Creative Misuse Contest