Introduction: Mini Party Tacos Shrimp Canapes
Looking for a quick and easy party canapé? Something different than a normal cracker with a topping that you can serve your guests on New Years eve or a birthday party? Than this is the recipe for you. All you need is a couple of tortillas, shrimps, some vegetables and an oven.
To make the mini tacos I use soft flour tortillas. But if you like corn tortillas better than you can just substitute them in this recipe. To cut the tortillas you need a ring. I just use an empty can which has the perfect size for the adorable mini tacos. To shape the tortilla circles into tacos you first brush them with water and then put them in the microwave for 20 seconds. Then brush them with cooking spray or oil and fold hem over an oven rack so they can hang down. Put this in the oven for about 5 to 7 minutes.
For filling the tacos I use the following ingredients: bell pepper, onion, tomatoes, large shrimp, North sea shrimp (or Dutch shrimp as we call them in my country). The North sea shrimp can go inside the tacos without anything else. They have such a great flavor that they do not need anything else. For the large shrimps I pan fry the bell peppers, onion and tomatoes and set this aside before pan frying the shrimps itself.
You can either fill the tacos up front or let your guest do this themselves. You can mix it up with e.g. some tuna or shredded chicken for more variations. Now you are ready to take a bite!!!
Step 1: Watch the One Minute Video
Want to see how to make the mini party tacos? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
To make 16 mini tacos you need the following ingredients:
- 4 soft medium tortillas
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- ½ onion chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes cut in 4
- half cup of North Sea shrimps
- half cup of large shrimps chopped
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Step 3: Instructions
- Pre-heat oven at 350 ℉/ 175.
- Use a cutting ring or empty can to cut 4 circles from a tortilla.
- Brush with water on both sides and warm in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Spray with cooking spray, fold and put on a oven rack.
- Bake in the oven between 5 to 7 minutes.
- Warm the oil and sauté the chopped bell pepper, onion and tomatoes. Set aside.
- Warm the pan again really hot and saute the chopped shrimp for less then 1 minute. Set aside as well.
- Take a mini taco and fill with North Sea shrimps put on a plate.
- Take a mini taco and fill with the pan fried vegetables and some large shrimp.
Step 4: Notes
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.