In this Instructable I'll show you how to build a Mini-Potato-Cannon for less than 10 €. A potato cannon is a gun-like weapon which shoots potatos, snow or other small things used as ammo. If you do not enter ammunition, it just makes a loud bang. Video coming soon!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: What You'll Need
- Metal tube connection piece, 40mm to 50mm, 1,69€
- Socket plug, 50mm, 1,39€
- Cleaning Pipe with screw cap, 50mm, 3,59€
- Tube, 30cm, 30mm, 40mm at the end, 1,39€
- some Screws, at least 1,5 cm long
- Screwdriver, drill, screw bit
- 10 minutes of your lifetime
Step 2: Connect Cleaning Tube & Socket Plug
- cleaning tube, socket plug, 1 screw
- Plug the socket plug into the cleaning tube.
- Press the socket plug into the tube as strong as you can.
- Carefully screw the to parts together.
Step 3: Connect 30cm Tube & Metal Tube Connection Piece
- 30cm tube, metal tube connection piece, 1 screw
- Plug the 30cm tube into the metal tube connection piece.
- Press as strong as you can!
- Screw the two parts together.
Step 4: Stick All Parts Together
- Plug the productions of Step 1 & 2 together.
- Fix it the two parts with 1 screw.
- Now your Mini-Potato-Cannon is almost finished.
- Depending on the preferred use of your hand (left/right - handed),
- you have to drill a hole , 5.5mm.
- If you are right-handed like me, drill it on the right side.
Step 5: Congratulations! You Now Own a Mini-Potato-Cannon
How to use it:
- Open the screw cap
- Fill the chamber with something inflamable like hairspray or deodorant. The best results can be reached with some expensive hairspray, the cheaper the product the less power you have.
- Now you have to be fast: Close the cap, point at your target and hold a burning match to the hole.
- Watch out where you shoot, it might be illegal in your area!
Be carefull! I assume no responsibility! Wear gloves! Do not shoot at people or animals!
Last but not least: Have fun!
Participated in the
Rainy Day Challenge