Hi! My name is Pandya Dhruvkumar. My project is a mini Tesla coil. And the original is made by Tech Hunt, The Tesla coil is designed by Nikola Tesla in 1891. It's basically high frequency series resonant transformer that can transfer ordinary voltage to high-frequency voltage.
The principle of Tesla coil is to use the transformer to boost the ordinary voltage and then charge the primacy LC loop resonant capacitor until it reaches to the own discharge threshold, spark gap discharge and conduction then the primacy LC loop resonant capacitor will start series resonance. It will provide an excitation power that high enough to the secondary coil. Because the frequency is same to the secondary LC loop, the electrically-induced action will make the distributed capacitance start series resonance with the secondary coil. At this time the terminal voltage will reach the maximum discharge so we can see the spark.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
- 26 gauge magnetic Copper wire - 30 cm
- some small wire
- small wood bord
- 9V Battery and Clip - 1
- 22K Ohm Resistor - 1
- 2N2222A Transistor - 1
- TPS Switch -1
- PVC Pipe [Diameter - 2cm ; Length 15cm]
Step 2: Circute Diagram
above circute mini tesla coile
Step 3: Construction and Testing
1. Take pvc pipe and winde 300-400 turns of 28G copper wire.[Primary coil]
2. Apply tape at bottom and winde 4-5 turns of 22G copper wire [Secondary coil].
3. Now remove enamel of copper wires at end.
4. Solder 22k ohm resistor to the base of 2n2222 transistor.
5. Solder bottom end wire of primary coil to base.
6. Solder one end of secondary coil to collector.
7.Solder Positive terminal of battery clip to Switch and negative terminal to emitter pin.
8. Now solder another end of secondary coil and another pin of switch to the free end of 22k resistor.
9. Leave the top end wire of primary coil free in air.
Circuiting Completed Circuit and Datasheets attached.
Now testing over project and Enjoy
to subscribe my youtube channel :- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTXkuEL7Mybjpkf7vDeg_vQ