Chicken curry is a common delicacy in South Asia, Southeast Asia, as well as in the Caribbean. They are great to be enjoyed along with any flavored rice or different Roti breads or even plain white rice. They are best served for lunch and dinner.
In this Instructable, I'll show you the recipe for a minty green chicken curry.This is a traditional South-Indian Delight, best enjoyed with Butter Rotis. So let's get cooking !!
For this delicious mouth watering recipe, you'll need to have the following items in your shopping list.
- Red Onions
- Mint Leaves
- Coriander Leaves
- Green Chilies
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Coconut Powder
- Rock Salt
- OilTurmeric Powder
With all these ready, let's cook some chicken.
Step 2: Clean All of Em
This is probably the first step for any recipe. You need to clean all the ingredients thoroughly.
- First clean the Chicken by washing it thoroughly under tap water.
- Give it a nice wash for about 2 to 3 times.
- Drain out the water and keep the chicken aside
- . Also wash all the vegetables properly.
- Pay close attention when you're washing the mint leaves.
- They may have some dirt stuck on to them
So make sure you get it all off.
Step 3: Prepare the Masala
The main Ingredients in all the Indian Cusine are the different types of masalas. So now we need to prepare a flavor filled masala for the chicken.
- Add the Onions, a handful of chopped tomatoes, Chilies, mint leaves, pepper, a little bit of ginger-garlic paste and also about 2 Tablespoons of dried coconut powder and blend them well in a mixer.
- You can stop blending once you get a green colored chutney texture to the masala. Also before mixing it in the last spin, add a little bit of rock salt and blend it.
Step 4: Start Cooking
Now that you have both, the masala and the chicken ready, it's time to start cooking.
- Place a shallow pan on the stove
- add the chicken onto it.
- Note that I have not added oil before putting in the chicken.
- That's because as the chicken gets heated up, there will be water coming out of it.
- So there is no necessity of adding oil. You can add if you wish to.
- Just as the chicken begins to water out, add in the masala which we had prepared earlier.
Step 5: Finishing Up
Now after adding in the masala to the chicken, let the curry come to boil.
Check if the chicken is properly cooked or not. If the chicken is cooked, then finish it by adding a little bit more chopped tomatoes and sliced chili to it.
Let it boil for about 5 minutes after adding the required amount of salt. If you want it to be more liquid-ish consistency, then add a little more water and also remember to add salt as you add more water.
Step 6: Bon Apetit
Once the curry begins to boil, let it for 5 minutes and now it's time to turn off the stove. Transfer it onto a serving bowl and enjoy the Spicy chicken gravy.
This South-Indian Delicacy will simply blow your mind off !! Let me know how it turned out for you in the comments below, if you try it out !