Lately I've become obsessed with adding beans to desserts. This is my latest creation, and the best yet. This rich chocolate mint pie requires either a glass of wine or milk. You'd never guess this pie contains an entire can of black beans, it tastes exactly like a thin mint girl scout cookie.
2 mint chocolate bars
1 can unsalted black beans
1/2 cup butter
1 graham cracker pie crust
3/4 cup brown sugar
Step 1: Mix
- Mix the butter, sugar and beans in the food processor.
- Melt one and a half chocolate bars in a double boiler.
- Add melted chocolate to the food processor. Mix.
- Beat the eggs until they begin to hold shape.
- Fold the bean/chocolate mixture into the eggs.
Step 2: Bake
- Pour into pie crust, flatten with a rubber spatula.
- Bake the pie in the oven for 1 hour at 350 F. Don't fret when the pie puffs up, it will settle when you remove it.
Step 3: Cool, Garnish, Serve
- Remove from oven, cool on a cooling rack.
- Grate remaining chocolate bar, sprinkle half over pie before it cools completely, this will melt and ooze into the cracks. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate on when the pie has completely cooled.