This icing is very simple and the result is amazing but there is few things to know:
- This mirror icing have to be done on mousse or entrement.
- The cake shall be frozen in order to allow the mirror icing to fix directly on it.
- You can do the icing in the morning and keep the cake in the fridge for the diner. It will allow the cake to defrost and the icing will remain in perfectly in place.
- Pay attention to temperatures and quantites.
Step 1: What You Will Need:
100g of white chocolate
100g of sugar
100g of glucose syrup
65g of condensed milk
50g of water
5g of gelatin
dye powder (a point of a knife)
Step 2: How to Proceed
- Moisturize the 5g of gelatine in cold water
- Pour the glucose syrup (100g), the sugar (100g) and the water (50g) in a small saucepan. Heat it up to 103°C
- Meanwhile, in a different cup, pour condensed milk (65g), white chocolate (100g) and gelatin (5g).
- Once the syrup (glucse syrup+sugard+water) have reached 103°C, pour half of it in the second cup (condensed milk, white chocolate, gelatin).
- Mix it well, and once it is done add the second half until all the chocolat is melt.
- Now add the powdered dye, the use of a blender after dye adding will make the color brigther.
- During mixing/blending operation, avoid as much as possible to create bubbles. If it occurs, lift the container for few centimeters and let if fall several time on the work plan. This will make them disappear.
- Now let it cool down to 33°C before to coat the cake. It is very important to wait that the mixture cool down otherwise it will fail.
- Place the cake on an upturned bowl, the icing will slowly cover the cake.
- Once the cake is covered remove the drops that may remain on the side with a spatula.
- Place the cake on a plate and put it in the fridge.
Participated in the
Cake Decorating Contest