- These mixed dry fruit bars are prepared using various nuts and seeds and can be healthy option to munch any time.
- One bowl of Almonds and cashews
- One bowl of Deseeded dates
- One bowl of figs
- Mixed seeds(sunflower seeds,flax seeds and sesame seeds)
- Few raisins
You can increase or decrease the quantity of nuts and seeds depending on your choice and you can even add any other seeds as per your choice.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Microwave Figs and Chop Them
- First step is to microwave figs for few seconds. This is only done to make them little soft.
- Chop them and keep ready
Step 2: Blend Dates to Puree
- I have taken deseeded dates so it was easy to blend. If your using seeded dates, then first remove seeds,chop them and transfer to blender .
- Blend to puree.
Step 3: Blend All Nuts and Seeds to Powder
- Take almonds,cashews,sunflower seeds,flax seeds and sesame seeds in blender.
- Blend them to powder.
Step 4: Procedure for Making Bars
- Once we are ready with all ingredients for making bars take a vessel and add little melted butter to it.
- When butter melts add raisins and saute for few minutes.
Step 5: Add Chopped Figs and Mix
-Next add chopped figs and mix for few minutes
Step 6: Add Blended Nuts and Seeds Powder
Next add blended nuts and seeds powder and mix everything.
Step 7: Transfer to Wax Paper
- Now transfer prepared mix to wax paper and flatten using roller.
Step 8: Cut Them in to Bars
Finally cut them in to bars and store them in airtight container.
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017