Chocolate is pretty awesome and so are frappuccinos, so of course I needed to make a Copycat Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino. This delicious treat has the perfect combination of sugar and caffeine to get you through the day and is super easy to make at home. Enjoy this recipe and change it up to suit your tastes!
Find more Frappuccino recipes, and other Starbucks copycat recipes, in this collection: Starbucks Copycat Recipes
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
This recipe is a single serving and makes about the equivalent of a 16oz Grande from Starbucks.
- 2c ice
- 1/4c coffee
- 1/2c milk - use whatever type you would like; I actually used Half & Half this time and love the results
- 3 tbsp chocolate sauce - I've also used Torani's Chocolate Milano Syrup with tasty results
- 3 tbsp simple syrup (or 3 tbsp of sugar, but simple syrup blends in better)
- Whipped topping
- More chocolate sauce for topping
- Pinch of Xantham Gum (optional)
- Blender - I use a Magic Bullet at home, it's great for making individual drinks though doesn't blend quite as well as the Vitamix
- Ice cube trays - small ice cubes make for even easier blending
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cups for serving
- Straws - I'm a fan of reusable ones, but these birch pattern paper straws are cute with this drink too
*The amounts are just a suggestion. Change it up to suit your tastes; for example, I don't use a lot of coffee, but when I make one for my husband I usually put in more coffee and then decrease the amount of milk.
Step 2: Blend It Up!
You know the drill! Throw it all in the blender and get it nice and smooth.
You can see I used big ice cubes this time instead of mini ones. My mini ones weren't frozen yet so I went for it, but I ended up with some big chunks in my cup that didn't chop right. So, I still stick to liking mini ice cubes better for blending :)
Step 3: Decorate and Enjoy!
I like to top this frappuccino with whipped topping and chocolate sauce.
Stick a straw in it and enjoy!