Introduction: Modern Storage Coffee Table
This is a modern coffee table I build specifically for a renovation I did.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Building the Base
1. Decide dimensions of the coffee table you would like to build.
2. Cut the base. All sides are butt jointed to the base.
3. Cut and mitre all the side edges.
4. Wood Glue and Nail Gun.
5. Clamp and wait for drying.
Step 2: Creating the Covering Box
1. Depending on the size of you original box your first half will vary.
2. Measure box base, and then add the required length so the box will sit on top of the base. I have added sliders on mine, so I also had to take those into account.
3. The cut top and mitre all corners.
4. Glue, Nail, and Clamp
5. Do the same for the other half.
Step 3: Fitting the Box
1. After creating both sides ensure that they fit.
2. Sanding and routing the middle may be necessary if the box isn't 90 degrees.
Step 4: Staining Base and Covers
1. Make sure you use stainable woodfill so you can cover the nail gun holes
2. I used Gunstock on the top covering and a darker shade on the base.
3. Let it dry and you are done.