While I was practicing in gym earlier this month I wondered if I can numerically monitor my muscle performance so I can measure how much I improve every session. I usually lift different amounts of weight with no specific pattern I thought it would help me find the most efficient pattern that benefits my muscles the most. So I Imagined what if I can put an LCD right in front of me while I am performing in gym that prints muscle power in Watts instantly. By insirting the weight I am lifting on an ANDROID Application called "1Sheeld" which in turn access Accelerometer sensor on my phone and sends these data to Arduino that will measure muscle power and print it on LCD .Simple isn't it ??!!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Step 1 : Your Tools in a Nutshell
9. Male -to - Male jumpers
Step 2: Connect the Hardware
1. Place your 1Sheeld on your Arduino board then plug the Arduino to your laptop or PC you may have a look how it is done in details at Getting started page
2. Then you need to connect other hardware parts to the 1SHEELD as indicated in second picture
- LCD RS pin to digital pin 12
-LCD Enable pin to digital pin 11
- LCD D4 pin to digital pin 5
- LCD D5 pin to digital pin 4
- LCD D6 pin to digital pin 3
- LCD D7 pin to digital pin 2
- LCD R/W pin to ground
- 10K resistor:
* ends to +5V and ground
* wiper to LCD VO pin (pin 3)
- Buzzer to pin 9
Step 3: Mind the Software
1.Download code below
2.Don't forget to download the One Shield Library as it is included in the code
3.Upload code into Arduino
Step 4: Let's Try It
1.Attach your phone on your hand while performing
2. Open 1SHEELD App and select KEYBOARD shield then enter the weight you are lifting in Kg (eg. 6 )
4. Buzzer will tone when you finish one rep and your muscle power would appear on the LCD.