Introduction: Monopoly Deal: Tips
Monopoly Deal, a game full of trading, stealing, and wining! Today you are going to learn the basics and some tips to help you better understand and win the game. Lets go...
Step 1: Goal?
The goal of the game is to be the first one to get 3 sets of properties. You obtain the properties by trading, stealing and playing smart. There are a set of rules to which you must follow. Lets take a look...
Step 2: Rules
- Each player gets 5 cards face down in the beginning.
- On your turn you must pick up two cards from the draw pile, if you run out then pick up 5 next turn.
- You can have no more then 7 cards in your hand, if so you must put them down into the draw pile.
- You may play up to 3 cards a turn.
- You can only pay with cards that are on the table, not from your hand.
- Change is not given when paying.
- If action cards are used as money, they must remain as money. If you pay with properties then they go into the properties pile.
- Once you put a card down you can not pick it back up.
- You can organize your properties only on your turn and if you realized that you won, you must wait until next turn to say so.
- Now that you know the rules lets take a look at several helpful tips.
Step 3: Tip 1
Money: don't be afraid to use action cards as money! It may turn for the better, or even save you.
Step 4: Tip 2
Make sure you have a bundle of cash when putting down properties to reduce risks of being attacked by others and loosing valuables.
Step 5: Tip 3
Know the card before you use it, make sure you are aware of what you are going to put down, if not, other players can guess what the card is. Remember, don't let them know what you have!
Step 6: Tip 4
Make sure that when using an action card the other player does not benefit off of it, if so, better to not use it.
Step 7: Tip 5
When paying other players money make sure to give them as little cards as possible. For instance: you owe a player $7 million. You have two 1's, three 2's, one 3, and one 4. One of the best ways to handle the situation is by giving them one 4 and one 3. It adds up but you still more cards for cash for the future.
Step 8: Tip 6
Keep a poker face. If you have winning cards keep a poker face. Don't let your opponents know or else they will do anything in their power to stop you.
Step 9: Tip 7
Fake your cards. If an opponents wants to take a set of cards away make it look like you have a card that does not permit him to proceed. Use at own risk!
Step 10: Tip 8
When you are close to having a set of properties don't be afraid to put them down. You never know if next turn you can win. Keep in mind you have only up to 3 moves.
Step 11: Tip 9
In most cases do not put full sets of properties down. "Deal Breakers" can steal the set and cause loss. It is good to hold on to victory cards for next turn to win.
Step 12: Tip 10
Make sure to be even with other players. Meaning that they are not hating on you, in other words, make friends.