Introduction: Monster Mash Cupcakes!
-2 dozen cupcakes from your favorite recipe
-3.4 oz box of vanilla-flavored instant pudding
-green food coloring
-1 cup of green chocolate melting candy (Ex: Wilton Candy Melts)
-24 large marshmallows
-M&M's Minis and candy corn (you can be creative with the candy though!)
-food coloring writing gel
-skewers or toothpicks
-waxed-paper-lined baking sheet
-small serrated knife
1. First bake and cool 2 dozen cupcakes from your favorite cupcake recipe! Make the pudding and add food coloring, then set inside fridge to chill.
2. Next, microwave 1 cup of green melting candy (we used Wilton Candy Melts, available at party supply stores) for 1 minute at 50 percent power, then stir. If necessary, heat in 15-second intervals until completely melted.
3. One at a time, stick the 24 large marshmallows with a skewer or toothpick and roll them in the melted candy, coating the sides. Put them on a waxed-paper-lined baking sheet, add M&M's Minis for eyes, and place them in the refrigerator to chill.
4. With the small knife, remove a small chunk from the center of each cupcake. Fill each hole with a tablespoon or so of the pudding, then spread chocolate frosting around each pudding hole.
5. Cover each pool of pudding with a chilled marshmallow. Add black gel facial features and 2 candy corns for arms.
6. Finally, top each monster head with a bit of frosting and muss with your finger or a fork. Walla! Great for Halloween!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Participated in the