Intro: Monster Hat/beanie
Hey, it has been a while since my last instructable. But here I am to make a new one. I really like hats/beanies and a few months ago I made this one, after that I decided I was going to make an instructable out of it. Here it is: Monster beanie!
Make your monster beanie the way you want. You can add anything as long as you can still wear it.
Please feel free to send in pictures of your own creation.
And have fun!
Step 1: Materials
You won't need any serious materials, only a sewing machine is a pro.
1. You need some felt for the eyes and teeth.
2. A hat or a beanie.
4. A pencil or rather a tailors pencil (hope that's right)
5. 2 different sized circles or whatever shape you like for the eyes.
6. Yarn to make sure everything stays in its place.
7. The sewing machine (no picture)
I got the tailors pencil from a local shop. I guess you could get it in stores that sell fabrics or something like that. Otherwise you could use a normal pencil but it is hard to see on the black felt.
The beanie is a light, grey one from the same store as the pencil. Can be obtained at any clothes store.
Step 2: Making the Eyes
For the eyes you need the glass, the cap, pencil and the scissors.
1. place the biggest circle on the white felt and go around it with your pencil (normal grey pencil).
2. Do so for the black felt with the little circle (use white pencil).
3. cut them out.
4. Do not sew the eyes on it yet.
Take the edge of the fabric this wil cost the least fabric.
Step 3: Teeth to Chew on Your Head
For the teeth use white felt, pencil, scissors and the yarn.
1. make a teeth, you make the choise which shape they are.
2. cut them out.
3. place them in a row and attach them together with the yarn (this is to make the sewing easier).
I made teeth in different sizes, because I think it wil be a baring row if they are all the same size. Also I used the scraps from the eyes to make the little teeth.
Step 4: Sewing!
I haven't got any photos of the sewing part, but I just do it as you want. I just sewed the eyes with a cross through it, it looks good and it is simple (double win).