If you have useless and practically unreachable shelf, you can turn it into cool mood light to decorate your home.
This piece of furniture was originally designed to pass day-light to hallway.
So I decided to make it generate light where there is no day-light
Step 1: Material and Tools
Main things that you need:
- LED stripe
- AC/DC adapter
- RGB LED controller
- Soldering iron
- Scissors, knife, reamer (Swiss knife is my choice)
Step 2: Draw, Cut, Ream, Glue, Soldier
Draw places of parts distribution on plates.
- I used hardboard. Most appropriate would be some electric board or metal sheet, but that would rise costs of project.
- I used bolts with addition of rubber stickers for legs.
- Place terminal for connection. You can use 4 pin RGB LED connector, but that rises that costs.
Cut LED stripe into pieces.
- I needed 20 cm pieces. That depends on dimensions of your shelf.
Place pieces of strip on plates.
- Make sure to keep connection order.
- Cut it in different length depending on connection distance.
- Connections need to be small as possible. If not experienced, better to practice before start soldering.
- I recommend 0.5 tin for LED stripe connections.
Step 3: Test It
Check the result.
- If connections are not properly soldered, light will blink or be in different color than set with controller.
- In that case re-solder connection.
- You can use multimeter instrument to check voltage or to find joint connections.
Step 4: Install It
Make your home more cool with this easy and cheap mood light.
It is perfect as night-light if you have youngsters.
Enjoy, cause you earn it.
This project entered Make It Glow Contest, so if you like it, please vote for it.