Tackling and getting rid of mosquitoes is quite a tough task especially when you don't have access to expensive commercial machines. Even the marketed sprays & medicines are toxic chemicals and very harmful to health. In this instructable, we will learn how to make Mosquito Insect Killer at home. This mosquito killer machine attracts mosquitoes due to ultraviolet light and kills them instantly as its metal grid emit high voltage electricity. This mosquito insect killer uses a mosquito swatter racket to kill mosquitoes, thus making it safe for children and adults.
Step 1: Watch the Video
Step 2: Order Parts: Components
- Mosquito Swatter Racket - https://amzn.to/2S1ADxv
- 3.7v Li-Ion Battery - http://amzn.to/2npKA8m
- TP4056 Charging Module - http://amzn.to/2qcIACn
- LED 5mm Ultraviolet - http://amzn.to/2qRWTx3
- Heat Shrink Tubes - http://amzn.to/2qfCoIR
- Mosquito Swatter Racket - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/...
- 3.7v Li-ion Battery - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/...
- TP4056 Charging Module - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/...
- LED 5mm Ultraviolet - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/...
- Heat Shrink Tubes - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- Mosquito Swatter Racket - https://amzn.to/2UN6KD1
- 3.7v Li-Ion Battery - http://amzn.to/2mMlK5z
- TP4056 Charging Module - https://amzn.to/2QSZSFa
- LED 5mm Ultraviolet - http://amzn.to/2rLYuEG
- Heat Shrink Tubes - http://amzn.to/2qRRJBj
From Home & Local Store:
Cardboard, Connecting wires, Diffused cap from old LED bulb & a Screwdriver.
Step 3: Order Parts: Required Tools
- Soldering Iron - http://amzn.to/2r3IX6g
- Hot Glue Gun - https://amzn.to/2QX1MVg
- Stationary Knife - http://amzn.to/2q879jK
- Soldering Stand - http://amzn.to/2rwpN8L
- Soldering Iron - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- Hot Glue Gun - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/...
- Stationary knife - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/...
- Soldering Stand - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/...
Step 4: Disassemble Mosquito Swatter Racket
1. Open all the screws of a mosquito swatter racket and pull the plastic cover.
2. Desolder the battery & other wires from the circuit board.
3. On a piece of cardboard, mark the boundary for the metal grid of the mosquito racket.
Note: Make sure to watch the video to get visual clarity.
4. Refer to the image above and using a stationary knife, cut the cardboard, so as to fit the racket over it.
5. Using hot Glue, attach the racket to the cardboard.
6. Cut cardboard pieces of adequate size to close the machine later at the end.
Now, visit Next step to see how to modify the circuit board for use in Mosquito Insect Killer Machine.
Step 5: Modify the Circuit Board
1. Short the toggle switch on the circuit board, so that the circuit gets turned ON when the power button is switched ON.
2. Remove all the indicator LED's from the circuit board.
3. Connect a 3.7v Li-Ion battery to a TP4056 charger module.
4. Connect the charging module and the Li-ion battery to the circuit board.
5. Also, attach an ultraviolet LED to the battery, that lights up when the circuit is turned ON.
6. Test the operation of the circuit by shorting the capacitor with a metal object.
Note: Make sure to watch the Video to get better clarity of the procedure.
7. Solder the wires of the metal net to the circuit board.
8. Make slits in the cardboard to access the On/Off switch and micro USB port for charging the battery.
9. Using Hot Glue, attach the circuit to the cardboard and close all sides of the machine using cardboard pieces of adequate size.
Step 6: Time to Test the Machine
Our Mosquito Insect Killer machine is now ready. Turn On the circuit and place it in a dark room, the mosquitoes will get attracted to the light and will instantly get killed to due high voltage in the metal net.
In case you might have missed, have a look at the Video and see how I made a Mosquito insect Killer machine at home.
Make this amazing Gadget yourself and contact us or share your experiences on our facebook page, twitter and instagram. You can also SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube Channel GOODTECH - Creativity And Science, where i frequently post new and creative content.
Thanks for your Support..!!
Participated in the
Before and After Contest 2017
lorduncan made it!