Intro: Mountain Dew Glow
What you will need:
· Mountain Dew
· Black light
What to do:
1. Pick out a highlighter, neon green or yellow will work best.
2. Pry open the bottom seal of the highlighter. Once you take off the bottom and can see the ink-soaked sponge inside, carefully take the sponge up out of the highlighter pen using a pair of tweezers.
3. Take a sip of the Mountain Dew or pour out about 1 inch (2.5 cm) from the top.
a. You only need to empty out a little of the liquid to provide enough space for the highlighter sponge or ink.
4. Lower the ink-soaked sponge into the bottle of Mountain Dew, completely submerging into the soda.
5. The highlighter ink itself will glow, but in order to make the Mountain Dew glow, you need to disperse the ink throughout the soda. Shaking it thoroughly for about 30 seconds.
6. Hold the Mountain Dew under a UV light. You should be able to see a bright glow. It has the ability to glow for days depending on how florescent the highlighter was.